|
| 13 Things I Can't Do Without
1. Coke Zero. Praise the heavens above for this glorious beverage. Oh, how I love it. Sweet nectar of caffeine and no calories.
2. Sirius Radio. I got this for Christmas this past year and I love it. CNN in the morning, 1st Wave in the afternoons.
3. Netflix. I can't be trusted to return anything on time, so this is a great service for me. Plus, movies! We're watching Country Boys right now.
4. An umbrella. Even though I love the rain, we get some torrential downpours, so it's good to be prepared.
5. Publix brand Cookies n Cream frozen yogurt. Honestly, this is better than most ice creams.
6. Proactive. When I started using this several years ago it stripped the hell out of my face and I hated it. A friend talked me into trying it again a few months ago and it's working out well. Stupid zits. I'm 31, for heaven's sake! You'd think I'd have clear skin by now. Not so much.
7. DVR. Sometimes, when I'm just living my life, I feel like I can use a remote and pause or rewind things. Just sitting in traffic, or when I've missed part of a conversation, or if I want things to stop for a second. Sadly, life doesn't work like DVR. Oh, the joy of rewinding So You Think You Can Dance, though.
8. The monthly Homes & Land magazine. It's like porn for house hunters.
9. Slip on shoes. I'm so glad we moved back to the south where most of the year I can get away with slip on shoes. I'm L-A-Z-Y lazy. I once tried to do this Fly Lady crap where you get reminders to clean your house and such (I'm so not a domestic goddess), but one of their tenents is that you have to put on shoes that lace when you're working around the house. Um, no. I failed miserably as a Fly Lady. I didn't scrub my sink 'til it shined, either.
10. Porn. I am a voyeur.
11. Books, books, books and more books. I became an editor so I could read all day.
12. Men. *sigh* One in particular, when he's not driving me completely batshit crazy, which he does on a daily basis.
13. Chocolate. And now, excuse me while I have my breakfast -- mmmm..... chocolate muffin.
|
If you have your Thursday Thirteen up, add your name here.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
17 Comments:
"Homes and Land" porn for house hunters" LMAO! that's a good one.
Does Proactive really work that well? My daughter was asking about it lately.
When I was 32, my face began breaking out like crazy. Dr. said it was hormonal, brough on by my second pregnancy. I was sooo glad when I outgrew that sht. I probably just jinxed myself and it will come back again. !@@@
Hey, I want you to look for a house in K Lakes so we can be neighbors, and hang out on each other's decks swattin' mosquitoes and drinking hard liquor while telling bawdy tales about our college days and our chefly boyfriends.
My neighbors are so incredibly boring.
Do you have allergies? Because I had acne I could not get rid of until I started getting allergy shots. Just a thought.
Publix Cookies n' Creme? I must try that. Cheap and good, can't beat that!
I'm right there with you on the porn thing, too!
That Fly Lady site? That's just...weird is what it is. Why lace up shoes? I clean barefoot.
My mom did the FlyLady thing for a while. Me, I'm just happy if I can remember to pick up my damn socks. ;)
Chocolate muffin...?
...argh! Now I must have chocolate! :) *dives into bag looking for emergency stash*
Now there's a list you don't see on an everyday basis lol
Love your Thursday 13!
For zits, try TONS of water and facials. Also, make sure your insides are nice and cleaned out regularly, if you know what I mean.
Not that I don't have these same super annoying issues!
Proactiv. Sucked for my agent (mother/owner/slave/human). She had such an allergic reaction, she almost scratched her face off! She sold her supply to a friend--for her daughter--and the same thing happened to her.
And don't worry...you're not the only one who suddenly experienced pimples in their 30's. She never had a pimple in high school, but when she turned 29, suddenly her face erupted! UGH!
I came by way of Thu 13. Glad I did--I enjoyed your list!
Wow, I am down with so many of these.
Coke Zero, good stuff. I still give Diet Coke an edge, but since everyone here at work drinks regular, this is a great compromise.
Sirius Radio - Don't have it, but I want it.
Netflix - I love my Netflix
DVR - Best invention ever. I am no longer a slave to the man.
Porn - Nuff said.
Books - Books are good people.
We're almost the same person!!!
I love Netflix too. A genius idea.
I haven't done Fly Lady. I don't want someone telling me what to do.
Men. What can I say? One ones my heart.
And I could never have enough books.
Thanks for visiting my TT.
I like what you said on #7.
And I can only imagine what watching So You...Dance must look like on rewind. LOL
Oh I love me some netflix ..and i'm with you with Proactive...wish it was around when I was 13...sigh
Laura: Proactiv is a bit hit or miss. What works for me is to use the cleanser only in the morning (it doesn't work as a makeup remover). I don't use the toner, and I use the repairing lotion morning and night, but not a whole lot. Just the size of a pea. It seems to help clear me up without drying me out too much.
Trouble: How fantastic would that be?! When we really start looking, which won't be until maybe next year (around wedding-time, I hope!), I'll enlist your help with neighborhoods. :)
Megan: Not so much with the allergies. Just dust. I've always had oily skin, which I'm told will hold me in good stead as I age.
And yay for porn!
RB: I've been on chocolate overload all day. ALL DAY.
Blueeyes: Unique, that's me!
Scottage: Thanks! And welcome.
Kukka-Maria: I wish I could say this was a new thing, but it's not. I'm a lifetime sufferer from bad skin.
Guru: There's another me out there? Heaven help us. ;)
Sarah: Yeah, FlyLady was not a good pick for me. I've struggled with trying to become more responsible with the house cleaning, but it just doesn't work. Thanks for stopping by!
S: It looks... fast. And backwards.
KaraMia: No kidding, right? Instead I had to deal with all the zit jokes. Nice.
#14....a hairdresser that doesn't make you look like Carol Brady. You cracked me up. But I totally understand why that is NOT a good thing. ;)
So You Think You Can Dance - I love that show! I'm going to be so sorry when it's over after next week. Sigh. (I want Benji to win. Travis is actually probably the best dancer, but I like Benji.)
Two of my life rules are as follows:
-There's no such thing as too many books, and
-There's no such thing as enough books.
Great list! :)
Ooh, I looove DVRing So You Think You Can Dance! I kept watching the dance by Wade Robeson - it was so good!
Post a Comment
<< Home