Ask me
Mind... overloaded with... gooooooey... mushy... loooooooove! Can't blog. Must... use... gimmick.
Ok, so yeah, I'm a little brain fried this morning. I can't come up with anything interesting to say other than SHIT! (Hey, it worked for Bush.)
Why don't y'all just ask me a bunch of questions? Won't that be fun? Anything at all. Go ahead. Well, except for my name and social security number because even though I'm not too bright sometimes, I do know I'm not supposed to give that out. So, anything that won't give my secret identity away is fair game. And I'm not telling you my weight, so just forget it. But anything else. Well, unless I decide not to answer, but most likely I will. I'm not all that secretive (Hello! Blogger! Likes to talk about herself!).
Ask away. Or not. You know, your call. But if you don't, I'll be kind of hurt and feel like you're not all that interested in me. Which is probably true.
God! Just ask already.
***************************
When you're not at work, with your honey, or reading....what might you be doing with your spare time? Do tell....
Watching too much TV on the DVR (House, Monk, Rescue Me, So You Think You Can Dance, Hex, The Closer, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, Waterloo Road, Farscape, etc.); watching movies; surfing on this infernal machine for hours at a time; shopping, shopping, shopping; wandering and trying to get lost in a town I grew up in; trying to learn yoga; planning my nonexistant wedding; spending time with family; eating.
Kazaaam!!! the genie has granted you three wishes. what do you wish for? and no, you can't wish for more wishes.
Oh dear. What do I wish for. Um... A friggin ring already. That's a given. A 5 book deal and the drive, talent, and dedication to be a romance author. Money to open a restaurant for Sir Lancelot. Wow, I'm greedy. I should probably change one of those to food for the hungry or something. Or world peace. Or, hell, now that I'm thinking about it, an orgasm button. Oh, what I wouldn't give for an orgasm button. I'd never leave the house.
Yay! Questions!
What kind of work do you do for a living (not where you work...because duh,....like giving away social security number...you don't have to be too specific).
I'm an editor. Now, don't all jump on my errors at once or anything.
What do you like to do on a typical Friday night?
Oh, I am so beyond boring. Umm... Come home, sit on couch, watch TV. Or some variation thereof. Frequently we will go out to dinner and then come home and sit on the couch. And often we have sex. But that's about it. See what I mean about needing a social life?
What is your FAVORITE meal?
Anything Italian and filled with cheese. Or, anything Sir Lancelot the chef makes. In 9 years I don't think he's made the same thing twice. And chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate cake. Mmmm... chocolate. Ok, wait. I'm going to say fried grouper, cheese grits, and hush puppies.
Do you have any trips planned in the recent future?
Nothing firm, but we're hoping to visit my brother in Ireland for Christmas.
If you were given the choice of going to live in the world of any book you choose, which one and why? Bonus points if you actually have a place in mind for yourself as a character of your own devising in said book.
Good question! Ok, my first inclination was to say Scarlett, but she's had so much grief. I don't want to suffer that much.
So, my next thought was Pooh, because come on! Being cuddly and eating honey all day sounds pretty good. But Pooh doesn't have sex.
Maybe Anne Bonny in Kingston By Starlight. I could totally be a swashbuckler.
What was your worst sexual experience ever? Bonus points if it's funny. ;)
I like to say I've never had a bad sexual experience because it's all sex and sex is good. But, ok. Yes. There have been some less than mindblowing experiences along the line.
Many moons ago I was at this party (of course I was), and I was horny (of course I was), and there were very few cute guys. So, out of the noncute guys I picked the cutest one and decided to make him mine. It wasn't difficult. We're back in his room, getting started, when he starts to go on and on about how he hasn't had sex in 2 years and how he'd been waiting for the right time and that now he knew it was the right time because he really liked me and the stars were aligned and something about Vulcans or something. And I'm all, um, can you just shut up now? Because you're totally ruining it. And kind of weirding me out. But he wouldn't shut up! I'm trying to be all in the moment and extremely superficial and he's talking about the big R. Relationship. No, dear. Not gonna happen. So, I left. Gah!
Ok, that was more sad than funny. But then there was this other time when I was making out with this kid and he blew early (from kissing!) but was all, "Never fear, little lady. I can go again." But he so couldn't go again. So I left.
Still kinda sad, eh?
You know how sometimes you're in the store and you see that the cosmetics have names of varying silliness/witty appeal? What's your favorite of those names? (Doesn't have to be a cosmetic you actually use. :) I don't really use them much if at all, but think that OPI nail polish has some good ones.)
Benefit has by far the greatest cosmetics names in the industry. My favorites are Zaparella and Touch Me Then Try To Leave.
If you could live anywhere in the world without regards to finding a job, where would that be?
Florence or Amsterdam. Or possibly somewhere tropical, like St. Lucia.
What celebrity would you most like to spend a day with?
Matthew McConnaughey, nekkid and slathered in baby oil.
I've been curious where you grew up after reading your "Where I'm From" post...and, were your ancestors actually gypsies or do you just call yourself that because you can relate to their lifestyle??
I'm from North Florida. In the Panhandle. No, my ancestors were not gypsies (although, how neat would that be?). The name of my blog and pseudonym came from Gloria by Keith Maillard.
... but you'll never fit in, not in your heart, because you're irrevocably different from those girls. You're a strange, dark Gypsy girl. No one knows you, and no one ever will.If you had a social life, what would you enjoy doing the most? Grilling out, going out to dinner, catching shows at the local blues club, seeing a play... Hell, I don't know anymore. What do people do these days? What color is your hair and is that your natural color? Brown and mostly. I'm getting some gray, dagnabit, so I color it. And sometimes highlight.

12 Comments:
Hi Gypsy!
I have questions....:*)
1) What kind of work do you do for a living (not where you work...because duh,....like giving away social security number...you don't have to be too specific).
2) What do you like to do on a typical Friday night?
3) What is your FAVORITE meal?
4) Do you have any trips planned in the recent future?
Thanks and happy answering!
Small talk, hmm? I can do that.
If you were given the choice of going to live in the world of any book you choose, which one and why? Bonus points if you actually have a place in mind for yourself as a character of your own devising in said book. :)
I love Rampant's question! But I guess I've got to come up with one of my own, don't I?
OK. What was your worst sexual experience ever? Bonus points if it's funny. ;)
(Not dodging work at all, no, not me...)
You know how sometimes you're in the store and you see that the cosmetics have names of varying silliness/witty appeal? What's your favorite of those names? (Doesn't have to be a cosmetic you actually use. :) I don't really use them much if at all, but think that OPI nail polish has some good ones.)
Okay you have turned the blogging tables....let's see
What celebrity would you most like to spend a day with?
oh ho, i'm with you on Mathew McCutey!
Oh that was fun! I wish I had interesting questions. I've been curious where you grew up after reading your "Where I'm From" post...and, were your ancestors actually gypsies or do you just call yourself that because you can relate to their lifestyle??
If you had a social life, what would you enjoy doing the most?
What do people do? Well, this people is going to see MxPx and Reel Big Fish with my daughter on Saturday. Oh, and her friend, and my friend Ana. And maybe going to dinner at Kool Beans. That's how we roll. ;)
What color is your hair and is that your natural color?
I hope I'm not too late!
When you're not at work, with your honey, or reading....what might you be doing with your spare time? Do tell....
Matthew OMG...what a great response!
Kazaaam!!! the genie has granted you three wishes. what do you wish for? and no, you can't wish for more wishes.
Post a Comment
<< Home