Happy anniversary, baby!
Nine years ago today I was partying in a bar, hoping to run into that cute guy from the night before. The one I had made out with on the dancefloor. The one who was so charming I just couldn't stand it. As luck would have it he was there, looking for me, too.
Nine years later, we woke up together this morning and made love.
I love you for...
... being hurt, but willing to heal.
... seeing past the bluster and brass.
... bringing me sweets when I ask for them.
... encouraging me, always. Even when encouragement sounded like a drill sargeant.
... Christmas in Paris. The picnic by the Seine and wandering together.
... moving cross-country with me. Twice. And back home again.
... Valentine's Day in New York. Seeing the guy with the monkey. Getting lost together.
... loving bad martial arts films. And just bad films altogether. May I never have to watch Megaladon again, though.
... the time you brought me chocolate covered strawberries in bed.
... recovering from the Phish concert together.
... singing in the car. Loudly.
... fighting with me.
... knowing that, when you're old, you will probably be grumpy like Norman Thayer.
... still wanting me.
... making love in that crappy hotel in Amsterdam.
... taking care of me.
... taking pictures of me and George in the park.
... putting up with my parents.
... loving my brother.
... laughing.
... watching Charmed. Secretly.
... being a genius in the kitchen.
... New Year's Eve in Amsterdam. And our ducks.
... cuddling the puppies.
... killing bugs for me. Especially spiders.
... remembering Chanel no. 5.
... holding hands.
... your curiousity.
... your strength.
... goodbye kisses.
... letting me share my love of Florence with you, and loving it as much as I do.
... always being willing to explore.
... your sense of wonder, after all you've seen.
... always being there, even when you had to be apart.
... leaving.
... coming back.
And so much more.
I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever. -- Amy Tan

12 Comments:
Congratulations. What a lovely tribute. You are a lucky woman. And he's a hell of lucky man!
xo
A love strong, real and true.
Beautiful post.
Wow, what a fabulous tribute to your love and your life together!
Now that was heartfelt and warming and I think you two are very lucky to have each other
wow, lots of marriages don't last that long! what a wonderful post. congratulations on weathering the ups and downs and for all the hard work that must have been involved.
i hope i find my falling star one day. you give me hope. thanks.
Awww...this makes me want to make a list of things I want to do with my own chef. So very sweet. Congrats to both of you on finding your one and only.
Yay for happy couples! :) A good dose of warm feelings - just what Monday ordered... :)
Happy Anniversary to you both. What a great tribute!
congrats!
Sounds like a keep, alright! Happy Anniversary.
that's beautiful. congrats on your beautiful relationship. you have one i would love to have.
Congrats to you guys. May you have another 9 equally as adventureous.
Post a Comment
<< Home