| 13 Things on Gypsy's Mind
1. I wonder how much it would cost to set up with a cleaning service. I'm so tired of cleaning. Tired because I don't want to do it, not tired because I actually do it frequently or anything. I just have other things to do. Like sitting. For long periods. Staring at the TV. Or typing inanities on this vile contraption. Then again, do we remember what happened the last time I got a cleaning service?
2. Something has crawled up Lancelot's butt and died. Or he's been eating rotten rats for lunch, which is doubtful. But whatever it is, it's noxious and nasty. Last night he ripped one so bad it singed my nostrils, scared the dogs, and I think the neighbors called hazmat. Also? Apparently we're like 11 because that shit cracked us up for a good 10 minutes. I'm talking tears streaming down the face. And not just from the fumes.
3. Regardless of his flatulence, I wanna nail him.
4. Liposelection.
5. I'm developing hooves instead of feet. If my heels get any more cracked and nasty they're going to have to shoe me and get me a bridle. What the hell? It's like mutant skin hardening going on down there. I'm developing a crunchy shell. Either that or someone is giving me rhino DNA. Time to get a pedicure.
6. If that motherfucking jeweler doesn't get back to us soon I'm going to have a conniption fit. We took our stones (family jewels -- seriously!) to a jeweler friend of my mother's to get him to come up with some options for us, engagement ring-wise. This was about 3 weeks ago. He emailed last week to say it was more difficult that he thought. *sigh* I think we're going to just have to go with a solitaire, which will be hunky dory for me, but I'd just like to know already. Time's a-wastin.
7. I need to get the hell out of town for a weekend. I'm bored with seeing the same scenery. I hope we'll go for a long drive this weekend or something. Maybe head to the beach.
8. I've done my yoga every night this week and I'm awfully proud. Someday I might even be able to do it without falling over. Hope springs eternal.
9. I want desperately to go shopping, but I'm trying to conserve my money. I knew this getting paid monthly business was going to be a bitch. As soon as I get that money in my account I'm like "must... spend... money!!" *sigh* I want to buy this, and this, and this.
10. Rescue Me is such a great show. I love it. I know it's gotten flack for some of it's more controversial subject matter, but I think it's brilliant, hilarious, gritty, and real.
11. If Lancelot doesn't open his own restaurant soon he's going to drive me crazy. Nine years of hearing him complain when we go out to eat has got to stop. Well, no, that will never stop. But the part where he complains about "how can these morons open a restaurant and he can't" might stop, at least, and that would be some relief from the barage of bitching I normally encounter when we eat out.
12. I wish there were more examples of positive pagan-ish/wiccan living in popular culture. Not that I follow a particular path, necessarily.
13. I've actually had, you know, work to do this week at work. It's staggering.
|
15 Comments:
i so agree with you...rescue me is THE BEST show on right now, hands down. and you know, i also agree with you on the wicca stuff. it intrests me to no end and i hate how people think it's and odd cultish thing.
I agree on the wicca/pagan thing as well...it would be awfully nice if we got to see more positively portrayed individuals who participate in the, er...less mainstream faiths. :)
Oh, and based on my experience with having a cleaning service, I would say...if you have the money, do it. Makes more time for living. Or yoga. Or whatever. ;)
Congrats on the yoga thing.
I think Lancelot needs to cut down on the meat a bit. That ought to lighten things up!
I'm with you on the vacating town thing this weekend. No kids, no dogs... we're footloose and fancy free. We need to take advantage of it!
It's great that you and Lancelot can still be kids at heart. :)
Umm.. excuse me Miss, but don't you claim to not be a girly-girl? Those shopping items your dying to buy are most definatley very girly. Very cute too!
Give Lancelot some fiber and tons of water, that should help. Liposelection? Yikes! Avoid at all costs.
Awesome about the yoga, wicca, and getting out of town. I hope you make it to the beach. Wish I could come!
I had no idea you were doing yoga! Good for you girlfriend! I just read your past cleaning service story and about pissed myself!! LOVE IT!
Gorgeous purse and quilt - I think you gotta buy 'em! For some reason Husband and I always crack up due to his flatulence as well. I'm just amazed at how guys seem to be able to produce on command...
I haven't seen Rescue Me. Sounds like I need to look for it!
Cool on the yoga. I keep wanting to try that but am not so sure about doing it with a DVD. (Haven't had good luck with following along with them in other areas, like tai chi.) Maybe I should try tho!
I agree about the wicca, the feet, and the housecleaning, sigh...blah
I don't follow the wiccan/pagan path but I do wish that earth based spiritualities were given more of an opportunity for explanation in positive light too. I wish I could afford a house cleaner too!
I want that bag too!
That's cute you laugh at L's farts. J just gets a beating each time he does one.
dude, cute stuff!!! i am afraid to shop online because if i did, my bank acct would be wiped out and i would be starving. it's better that i just stick to the handful of stores at the mall i like.
no cheese, beans or broccoli for lancelot for the next week.
have a great weekend!!
Great list. I just want you to know, it's something in the field, I hear the same shite from mine. "_______ (<--insert name of local restaurant here) sucks ass so bad, I can't believe they're still open."
(eye roll)
You're one of the many Thursday Thirteenies - and nice leaver of comments - that I've inadvertantly missed visiting and I'm here to day I wish I hadn't waited so long to stop by!
Totally agree with you on Rescue Me. I can't wait to see what insane things they do each week. I wrote a post about it too!
Post a Comment
<< Home