| 13 Ways to Turn Gypsy Off
To counterbalance last week's Thursday Thirteen where I got all hot and bothered, this week I'm talking about ways to make me turn my nose up at you and run for the hills.
1. Talk with your mouth full. L does this sometimes and it drives me absolutely bonkers. He knows about it, but sometimes he forgets. We've tried to fix the problem by me doing a subtle cue when he's talking with his mouth full, but all it gets me is a glower.
2. Be girly. Look, I really can't stand it. I'm sorry; I know that's not PC. I'm just not into girly men. Don't sit with your legs crossed. Just don't. I know tall guys find this comfortable, but resist! An ankle propped on your knee is fine. Give the boys some room, for heaven's sake. Also, if you spend more time than I do getting ready we're going to have a problem. You should have 6 grooming products: shampoo, conditioner, shaving gel, soap, cologne, and maybe some sort of gel. And I'm the one who gets to be afraid of bugs, not you.
3. Brag too much. Go ahead, do it, and I won't believe a thing you say. It's one thing to be confident and a little cocky, it's another to be stuck on yourself.
4. Wear carpenter jeans. Oh dear. Ick! No. Boys should wear jeans that show off the butt. Also, no tapered jeans. If you have anything that is acid-washed in your closet be ashamed.
5. Wear a lot of jewelry. This goes along with the girly thing. I can't stand a man in a gold chain.
6. Be clingy. I love affection and adoration, but don't go overboard and get all needy on me. Not that this has happened to me much. I don't seem to attract needy men.
7. And after all of the above I gotta say, don't be TOO macho. I like a little boy in my man. Don't be afraid to cry at sad movies or tell me how you feel.
8. Be boring. This is the gravest sin in my book. Don't bore me. In bed or out, my interest needs to be kept. Don't be all regimented and stiff. In 9 years with L, I've never been bored.
9. If you're a racist or homophobic I probably can't stand to be near you let alone date you. Gotta have a man with an open mind and an open heart.
10. Don't like animals? Don't come knocking on my door or I'll sic my ankle biters on you.
11. Be wishy washy. It's not so much what you believe in and stand up for but that you believe in and stand up for something (although if you believe in Bush and stand up for Ann Coulter, I'll have to shake my head and walk away).
12. Back hair. Blurgh. I just can't go there.
13. And the last big turn off? An unwillingness to "go whole taco," as my friend Ben used to say. If you can't reciprocate, you'd better just find someone else.
|
7 Comments:
Great list. I wholeheartedly agree with each and every thing on this list.
Poor guys. There's such a fine line between being sensitive and well-groomed enough and being girly that they must be regularly confused!
My TT is up; thanks for stopping by.
Good list. I too would have to agree on many of these things.
#12...((shudder))
I agree
I agree
I agree
#12....what about butt hair? i dated a guy who had a hairy derriere. i thought it was sexy
i dont do thirteens, but i like that you do. here from michele
Great list. I just saw a guy that had a hair style that looked like it required a round brush and hairdryer.....yes, he was blogworthy....ugghh! ;(
Post a Comment
<< Home