Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

13 Movie Quotes
Here are 13 movie quotes from some of my favorite films. Wanna guess the films and I'll post the answers later today? Sure! Sounds fun, right? Well, if it doesn't, tough titty because that's what I'm doing. The answers are now in the comments section! 1. "Because I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, though wasted on me, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you." 2. "Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - 'Sorry.' - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?" 3. "I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows, and Henry knows we know it. We're a knowledgeable family." 4. "Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?" 5. "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." 6. "Soul is the music people understand. Sure it's basic and it's simple. But it's something else 'cause, 'cause, 'cause it's honest, that's it. It's honest. There's no fuckin' bullshit. It sticks its neck out and says it straight from the heart. Sure there's a lot of different music you can get off on but soul is more than that. It takes you somewhere else. It grabs you by the balls and lifts you above the shite.' 7. "With enough courage, you can do without a reputation. " 8. "Dadgum it, Doo! You never ask me nothing! You just say, 'Hey baby, here's the deal, take it or leave it.' Well, it's drivin' me crazy, Doo!" 9. "Normally, both your asses would be dead as fucking fried chicken, but you happen to pull this shit while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill you, I wanna help you." 10. "When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful..." 11. "I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man." 12. "I'm about as flamboyant as a bagel." 13. "Suicide gave Heather depth, Kurt a soul, and Ram a brain. I don't know what it's given me, but I have no control over myself when I'm with J.D. Are we going to prom or to hell?"
If you have your Thursday Thirteen up, add your name here.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

13 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

all I know is #2 = Sean of the Dead. *sniff*

8/24/2006 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognize Shaun of the Dead and Heathers...but...wow, I feel so illiterate now! I don't recognize the others.

8/24/2006 3:53 PM  
Blogger Buttercup said...

I knew exactly...ZERO of those. I am SO bad at this game!

8/24/2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

ANSWERS!!

1. Goldeneye
2. Shaun of the Dead
3. The Lion in Winter
4. Real Genius
5. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
6. The Commitments
7. Gone With the Wind
8. Coal Miner's Daughter
9. Pulp Fiction
10. Boogie Nights
11. Swingers
12. Fame
13. Heathers

8/24/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

OMG, I love real genius. The chef uses that line all the time.

8/24/2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

I kinda got Shaun of the Dead (which my son still does the dum de dum dum (groan) line from....oh you know the one with the zombie groaning...lol..
but I got Heathers down pat..lol

8/24/2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger *~*Cece*~* said...

I don't know HOW you manage to memorize movie quotes! LOL Its just so YOU. Hehehe

8/24/2006 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I recognized a lot of them, but couldn't place the names. Especially the pickle one. I LOVED Val Kilmer in that movie!

8/24/2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Damn, you'd already posted the answers before I got here and guessed. I'd have gotten four of them right - I knew Shaun of the Dead, GWTW, Pulp Fiction, and Heathers.

8/24/2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

Ok, i didn't cheat.

i only know 2!!!! i have some movies to watch, apparently.

#7 is Rhett Butler to Scarlet O'Hara in GWTW. i think it's the scene where he brings her the green hat from paris...or is it when she's wearing the curtain dress and goes to beg Rhett for money? i can't remember! help!

#11 is from Swingers. i am pretty sure. i know vince vaughn's character says this line. man i love that movie. it's so money.

ok, now i will go back and read everyone's answers. i thought i would do better on this!

8/25/2006 12:42 AM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

man, i thought #9 might be pulp fiction! shoot!

otherwise, i have never watched any of these movies.

please pick up your jaw from the floor. i'm sure i am missing out! :)

8/25/2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

VB: You're right! The reputation one is from when they're dancing and she's in mourning.

"Another dance and my reputation will be gone forever."
"With enough courage you can do without a reputation."

8/25/2006 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. I have to go and ritually scourge myself or something for not getting #5. I am a theatre person for god's sake.

At least I can take some solace in knowing that I haven't even SEEN most of the others. ;) Pop culture illiterate? Me? No!

8/25/2006 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home