Sidetracked
We tried to go look at engagement ring settings today to no avail. Both of the jewelry stores we wanted to check out were closed. We're supposed to try again on Monday.
This whole ring thing is beginning to be bothersome. The first guy we saw about settings hasn't gotten back to us, and it's been a month now. I hope we're able to do something soon, dammit. I don't want to have to throw a tantrum. It's not pretty. I get all splotchy.
Instead of looking at settings we saw Talladega Nights, which cracked my shit up. Look, I know it's silly, but Will Ferrel makes me piss myself. He's so willing to make an idiot out of himself, and I've just got to respect that. And he surrounds himself with talented people. I laughed so hard I hurt myself. I'm pretty sure I annoyed the other movie patrons, but screw it. I'm a loud laugher. Can't help it.
Ricky Bobby: Help me, Jesus! Help me, Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft to get the fire off me!I also noticed while we were waiting for the movie to start that almost every TV show and movie they previewed was about heroism. From a show called Heroes to a new Kevin Costner film, The Guardian. I take that back. They were either hero movies or horror-ish movies, like The Grudge or Wicker Man (a remake of the controversial cult classic). Says a little something about the world we live in today, eh? Although I am very interested to see what they've done with Wicker Man.

8 Comments:
I too like to laugh out loud, and sometimes get dirty looks from fellow moviegoers, but so what? If you go see a good comedy and don't laugh out loud, why bother to go at all .. as for Talladega Nights, I thought it definitely dragged in the middle but was very funny in stretches .. Sasha Baron Cohen was simply friggin hilarious!
My sis just saw that movie. She said she laughed so hard she had a mini asthma attack! lol lol I'll definately be seeing this movie :)
I've heard great things about Ricky B. I really want to see it. That line you included about Mr. C cracks me up!!
Wow I didn't realize Wicker Man was a remake. We went to see You, Me and Dupree and I laughed my ass off.
Now I'm going to the cheap movie place by my house... 2.00 daytime...3.00 night time and 7.50 for 2 drinks and a large popcorn.
Oh, we rented Final Destination 3...
what a horror movie! ha
I like funny movies, but scary movies? Heck no. I didn't even like Scary Movie and that wasn't scary! According to some people anyway.
the original wicker man looks interesting...i will have to scurry around town looking for a place that might rent it.
I'm a loud laugher, too. People who don't like that about me can just bite my ass.
Reel: Good point. Funny movies are for laughing!
Ten33: Yeah, at one point I was wiping the tears from my eyes.
Shpprgrl: Some of the lines are so repeatable.
Sue: See the orginial. It's... weird.
Cyndy: That's another one I've wanted to see! (You, Me, and Dupree)
Lass: Yeah, I'm with you. I can't handle the scary that much anymore. Creepy? Yes. Scary? No.
M: If you can find it, it's worth watching. Definitely a weird cult classic.
Trouble: We should go to a funny movie together and annoy people. ;)
Ka-rista: Those kids cracked me the fuck up. OMG. I'm all hopped up on Mountain Dew, old man!
Post a Comment
<< Home