Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ragamuffin

Note to self: Gypsy, you really must get up earlier. This whole business of waking up at 7, taking a 15 minute shower, then getting back in bed for 20 minutes has got to go. It leaves you roughly 15 solid minutes to put on whatever clothes you can find, slap on some makeup, and put your hair up in a haphazard loopdeeloop bun. Not a great look for you, I might add. This is why you look like a drunken ragamuffin today. Please, dear. Try a little harder to be presentable.* *Funny how when I'm being critical of myself, in my head I sound just like my mother.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. :) Hang in there...some days are like that. (I never like to get up either. Only coffee makes it even sort of bearable.)

8/01/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Buttercup said...

I also HATE to get up, but reading your post makes me think I really don't have a right to complain. I woke up at 8:20 am, lay in bed until 9:00 am and then had a shower so that I could force my self to shuffle into work at 10:03 (after the subway ride).

Please don't hate me.

8/01/2006 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha i say that to myself every morning, and then i still go to work in jeans & flip flops.

hi, michele sent me :-)

8/01/2006 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not not not a morning person.
No way...but then again, I get no choice. I rise at 5:30 a.m. each day ...yuck

8/01/2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger (M)ary said...

your morning routine sounds like how i am during the winter.

in the summer, i have no problem waking up(except for the general depression which lingers below the surface which makes me curl into a ball in angst right before I jump up and feed the cats.)

8/01/2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

I love it that you go to bed AFTER you get up to shower...lol...
maybe you should just get up a little later? lol.

8/01/2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

RB: Sometimes I really wish I liked coffee. As it is, I stick with my Coke Zero.

Buttercup: You hag! I hate you. I kid! But, oh, what I wouldn't give to go in to work at 10. But I'll bet you leave late, too, you hard worker you.

Janet: It would be nice if I could get away with jeans and flip flops.

Sue: How do moms get in there? Years of nagging, I guess. I love my mommy dearly, but she's a critical cuss.

Cyndy: Lancelot has to get up that early. Poor dear.

M: We don't have much of a winter here, so I get to be the same way all year round. Consistency is good, I guess.

Karamia: I wrap my hair up in a towel and snuggle back in bed with the dogs. I have this feeling that it helps me get back to neutral. I'm also certifiable, but there you have it.

8/02/2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger *~*Cece*~* said...

Toss a couple of kids in that mix and you'll be up at the butt crack of dawn in NO time! LOL

8/03/2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

you too? even though my mother lives two states away, i can never escape her.

8/04/2006 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home