Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My brain has been invaded

Not by pod people, thank goodness, but by song lyrics, which, granted, can be just as crazy making. This time it's Two Joints by Sublime. Now, I love Two Joints (both the song and the things), but by all that's holy, get it out of my head!!!! Perhaps if I smoked two joints it would go away. I once had a song in my head for years. I shit you not. Years. And what song, pray tell? Strangers in the Night by Frank Sinatra. Don't think for a second that I didn't debate seriously even bringing this up for fear of getting it stuck in my head again. I'm terrified of this song now. I would find myself, randomly, in the middle of mundane tasks, driving down the street, folding clothes, pouring drinks, singing, "Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo." For. Years. Hold me.
"Hard work good, and hard work fine but first take care of head"

10 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I love Sublime.

I get "Strangers in the Night" stuck in my head sometimes too. Usually the version we sang when we were kids:

Strangers in the night...
Exchanging rubbers...
This one is too tight...
I'll find another...

No need to thank me. ;)

8/15/2006 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I believe you. Fortunately for me the interior of my head usually sounds more like someone frantically channel-surfing the radio than a broken record, but it's happened to me from time to time too.

When the Boy and I have this discussion he always wins though. He once had a segment of a Corky and the Juice Pigs song in his head for so long he eventually drank himself into a stupor to get rid of it. :)

8/15/2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Buttercup said...

The Mariner's Revenge by the Decemberists. It was in my head for DAYS.

8/15/2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

HA! I've got one on my blog today..lol.
The one thing I used to do that drove me crazy was look at the clock at the same time every freakin day! 1:15...every damn work day. I would look up and whamo. Thought I was loosing my ever lovin mind!

8/15/2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I think I must hear this Two Joints song and if you smoke, I will. Oh wait, I will anyway. ;)

8/15/2006 5:31 PM  
Blogger ME said...

I hate when I get a song stuck in my head... I can't imagine one being there for years.

8/15/2006 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was crazy. It's worse when you go to bed at night, and the song won't shut off so you can sleep!

arrrrrrrrrghhh!

8/15/2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger (M)ary said...

la, la, la...i am not even reading your post about songs stuck in your head!

because if i think about the song stuck in your head, it might get stuck in mine!!

ps

to get it out of your head, try monotone or out of tune phrases like "la, la, la, i am not listening!"(or smoke a doobie, it might be more fun.)

8/16/2006 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I have that in there!

I once had 12:51 by by The Strokes in my head for a week, and I couldn't get to sleep because of it.

One does a brain do that? That's just mean!

8/16/2006 1:07 AM  
Blogger Samantha_K said...

Bicycle by Queen...every day for two years when I would do the dishes. Why? God only knows. Lately it's that Panic! at the Disco song.

8/16/2006 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home