Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Busted

Monday night, heading out to dinner. I'm turned around, locking the front door. Me: You've got your wallet, right? Him: Wallet? What do I need my wallet for? You're paying. {shit-eating grin} Me: Bullshit I'm paying. You're paying. I don't have any money. UPS truck stops right in front of our house, the guy gets out, walks up the walkway to us, and says, "Package for Gypsy?" Him: Don't have any money, eh? Me: Um.... well. That was before I didn't have money? Him: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. {checks out the box} HSN? Me: {blurting} I needed new Birks! Really. My old ones are falling apart. Him: Good, so you can throw the old ones out. Me: Well... They're still wearable? Mostly? Him: You have problems. I'm calling Oprah. Doesn't she do shows on shopaholics? {chuckling} Me: Oh, come on. I only got two pairs. Him: Two pairs!? Me: D'oh! I mean one? One pair. Maybe. Almost. More or less. I'm paying for it now, though. Good christ these motherfuckers hurt. What ever happened to comfort footwear? I know they'll be comfy once I get them broken in, but owie! Shyeah. Imagine me trying to wear heels every day. Not. gonna. happen. I'd love to be able to wear something like this, but there's just no way in hell. I'd fall down. Frequently. And break my ankles. And cause general mayhem. *sigh* At least I know my limits.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*chuckle* Busted! Totally. Narrative law will get you like that.

Fluevog makes some damn fun shoes. And I say that as one of the only girls in the world who is Not Really A Shoe Person Particularly. ;) They have a store down on Queen Street...

Me, I would like some of their boots. Boots are fun. And flats are good for you: just yesterday a coworker was telling me how she could've gotten AWAY from the people who beat her up a few years back if she'd had on anything other than high heels.

8/23/2006 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and hello from Michele's! I visit so often I forget to say that if I'm doing so officially. :)

8/23/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

*snort* I hate when I get snagged like that!

8/23/2006 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! Those shoes are sweet! I've never owned a pair of Birks. But flip-flops? Love 'em.

8/23/2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger *~*Cece*~* said...

Busted is right. Hehehe. I hate hearing There is a package for you over there. NOW what'd you buy? LOL

8/23/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Rene said...

I won't wear Birks. When I got to college many, many moons ago, they were the rage, along with skipping showers and chain-smoking. Love those other shoes though. Sweet. Except for the price. I buy shoes on clearance at Target now.

8/23/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger da buttah said...

I wear high heels everyday, and I wear the insane ones that make your feet cringe when you remotely eyeball them at the store. But it's the pair of asian-style flats I recently bought that left the back of my heels literally bleeding after twenty minutes of walking.

I'm sticking to my insane stilletos, now!

8/23/2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Walking Barefoot said...

I so love my Birks, they are worth getting busted for!

8/23/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger ME said...

I would LOVE to be able to wear shoes like that. I'm a no heal girl too. :)

8/23/2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

it's ok, girl. i will wear the heels for ya. i took to 'em like a duck takes to water.

and yes, you were totally busted. too funny!

8/23/2006 8:25 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Oh i'm lovin those shoes! Birks on the other hand...ugh.
lol, so busted

8/23/2006 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so wish I could wear heels too. But I always feel like a trotting piggy in them.

And like a lady. And I'm still a girl damn it! A 33 year old girl.

I'm going to have to go and google Birks now.

Learn new things every day.

8/24/2006 1:05 AM  
Blogger girl said...

*giggle* I always want sexy heels like your link, but end up in flip flops. D'oh!

8/24/2006 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home