His legacy
Scene: Taking the delivery Chinese food out of the bag in our kitchen and getting ready to eat.
Him: You know, if I ever have a son, I'm going to tell him to always keep the plastic containers that Chinese food comes in.
Me: That's it?
Him: Yep. They're good for storage.
Me: If you have a son, this is your big legacy?
Him: That's right.
Me: What about if you have a daughter? Does she get to know this, too?
Him: Nope. Just the boy.

11 Comments:
You needn't worry, he hasn't even gotten to the matching sheets thing. By the time he does he'll have forgotten this legacy men are like that, they forget haha.
Perhaps another legacy can be that dishes go INTO the dishwasher (if you have one)...???
ha
I dig L. He must make you laugh, non-stop. Is there anything sexier than a funny guy? My chef is the same way. Laughter is the norm between us, and I love it.
Now I have to know where you get chinese delivery from. We always get TF Wok. I think they're the best in the northeast side of town, plus they have this scorching hot delivery guy who's also an elementary school teacher.
Is it wrong that I order chinese food somtimes just to lust after the hot delivery guy?
L is not conventionally funny. He can't really tell a joke, and when he does say something funny he tends to take it too far and I have to be all "It was funny the first 3 times honey, but not now." But he cracks my shit up all the time. We are constantly laughing. He's the goofy one, and I'm the witty one, and together we just have a ball. When he's not driving me completely insane.
We ordered last time from this Hong Kong place at the corner of the Parkway and Cap Circle. Totally random strip mall place. We do like to go up to that place by TJ Maxx, though, and get pho ga.
OMG I love that place. Their vietnamese food isn't as good as some I've had outside Tally, but they're clearly the best in the area. I like Pho, but I love bon with the fish sauce and spring rolls and barbecued pork.
I think in my relationship, we both go back and forth between witty and goofy. The chef can be totally goofy but he's very quick witted, as well. I'm more of a dingy blong, but I can whip out an occasional zinger, too.
hmmmm....maybe L does want matching sheets after all...if you know what i mean...
ps i hit the link to one of your favorite sites: Look At Me...oh! I love it!! I love, love, love random old photos.
Dare I ask storage for what??
Well, he meant food, but I suppose it could be for any number of things...
this post made me laugh! but don't those bags smell like chinese food? that can't be good. i only keep the wal-mart and grocery bags that didn't have anything perishable in them. otherwise, it is just too gross.
No, not the bags! The little plastic containers. Like Tupperware only cheap. Or free.
OMG, I wasn't sure what you were talking about until I ordered Chinee food tonight and they'd started using these new plastic containers. And your chef is right, they are cool. I'm totally washing them and keeping them.
Because yes...I am cheap as hell.
Post a Comment
<< Home