Monday, June 26, 2006

Craftless

I am not crafty; never have been. Last year while I was out of work I tried to take up scrapbooking, but it didn't quite work. I did put all my old photos in albums, but they aren't all nice and artsy or anything. I don't knit. I don't sew. I don't draw. I don't decorate. My cubicle is 4 blank walls and my house isn't that much better. But I love art and artsy things and gorgeous little designer-y sites. I guess I'm a design voyeur. I can't do it myself, but I love to watch. I go to these blogs every day and wish I could be creative in that way. But I'm just not going to be. Instead I content myself with watching and looking and enjoying the eye candy. Blogs I Drool Over Abby Try Again Brocante Home Decor8 Freshly Blended Holly's Plate InspireCo Just My Cup of Tea Oh Joy Print + Pattern {A} {love, joleen} ~>O<~ Sites I Adore Basic French Jill Bliss My Creme Brulee Company C Rosebud Design Room Service Home Wrapables Hot Flamingo Satinbox Heidi 16 Sparrows La Maison Bleue Feel free to leave your own suggestions for design/crafty/gorgeous sites.

4 Comments:

Blogger yellojkt said...

My wife tried scrapbooking a few years ago but let it slide. Then she tried knitting, but it messed with her perfectionism and was giving her more stress. Nope, we're not "crafty". Thanks for the bookstore tips.

6/26/2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

I can't look at them, they just spiral me into a pit of self pity that I may never paste, paint or bejewl my damn way out of.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking too it!

6/26/2006 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't draw, sew, knit, dance, juggle, quilt, you name it.
I like www.leliathomas.com
that's where I got my blog template.
She's 19 and wowwwwwwwwwwwww already an artist of some high quality

6/27/2006 1:17 AM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

it's ok, gypsy! i can't do any of that stuff either! (well, i can draw...ok.) and if i do try anything, i'm never creative or original. i am just a big copy cat. *sigh*

my mom hates that i can't sew or knit. but i have ZERO desire to learn. i don't know why she cares so much....

6/30/2006 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home