Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Alberto hates me

Alberto made his presence known last night around 1 am when I heard a loud crash directly above my head. He'd slung a branch at my roof and scared the bejeesus out of me and my dogs. Especially poor little Lucy, who was beside herself with fear. Her little fuzzy body was shuddery and shakey. It took a good hour before I was able to calm her down enough that she'd go back to sleep, and even then she jerked at every noise and cuddled so close to me I couldn't move. Then, just as I was beginning to fall asleep again, Alberto decided to cut the lights. Knowing L's alarm in the back room (where he'd been banished due to noxious gasses eeking out of him) wouldn't work, I set my cell phone to wake me up at 5:30, so I could get him up. I deserve an award for that, don't I? Best Girlfriend EVER. So, around 8 I head out to my car, as usual. Alberto had taken a disliking to my car and hurled one of my windshield wipers across the yard and managed to crack the windshield. I had to drive to Pep Boys with one wiper in the pouring rain (which let up right when I drove into the parking lot). And, of course, I got drenched on the way in to work from the parking garage. And what I want to know is, what the hell did I ever do to you, you rat bastard motherfucker storm!? *sigh* I suppose it could have been much, much worse, but I'm still annoyed. And tired. And cranky. And my hair looks like crap!

6 Comments:

Blogger shpprgrl said...

I like summer, but hate the worry of all the storms!! Hope things are ok.

6/13/2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

My hair looks like it was spit out of the ass of a monkey. Dang, it must have been much worse on your side of town than it was on mine, though I have noticed in the past 6 years that my house is in a little hollow that doesn't ever get much wind.

So, I dutifully take in the patio furniture time after time, but we never have any actual damage (to date).

6/13/2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger barbie2be said...

hope all is ok! michele sent me today.

6/13/2006 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello and hope you are safe. I gave up the deep south 10 years ago....and moved to Colorado to escape those hurricanes. Good thing, cause where I was, was Biloxi, MS, home of Katrina wasteland now. I will pray for you and everyone this season.
Thank you for having me on your blogroll....

6/14/2006 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Alberto didn't hate you TOO much! Hi, Michele sent me :-)

6/14/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger amy jamison said...

we were in WDW when alberto came thru. it cleared out the parks, thereby allowing my children and me to run freely from ride to ride.

that's one good thing that rat bastard motherfucker storm did.

6/22/2006 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home