Why am I not independently wealthy?
This transition from getting paid every two weeks to getting paid monthly is going to be the death of me. Let me spell this out for you -- I CANNOT BUDGET. At all. Ever. No.
Yes, this will be good for me. Yes, it will force me to be accountable for the money I spend. Yes, this means I'll have to think about things like when bills are due.
Which, frankly? Is bullshit. I'm still going to suck at budgeting. Because numbers basically look like little meaningless scribbles to me.
I got paid today and I'm already fiendishly planning how to spend it. I've gone about a month with absolutely no spending power whatsoever. How bad is it? I'm using crappy shampoo because it was either eat or replenish my shampoo. It was a toss-up, but clearly eating won out. The hair is bad, y'all, bad.
Seriously, I really am going to try to keep a handle on my money. I'm going to resist a new wardrobe. And makeup. And an iPod. Well, mostly. I'm definitely going shopping, but I will limit myself. Yes, I will. I so will. I promise. Mostly.
This wouldn't be a problem if things had gone according to my 13-year-old plans. I'd be a millionaire author living in Paris. I'd smoke cigarettes out of those long holders while reclining on chaise lounges with one mirabou tufted slipper hanging langorously from my perfectly manicured toes.
I really should be independently wealthy by now. Something has gone terribly wrong. It's hell to have an active imagination and be the laziest person in the world.
I got paid today and I'm already fiendishly planning how to spend it. I've gone about a month with absolutely no spending power whatsoever. How bad is it? I'm using crappy shampoo because it was either eat or replenish my shampoo. It was a toss-up, but clearly eating won out. The hair is bad, y'all, bad.
Seriously, I really am going to try to keep a handle on my money. I'm going to resist a new wardrobe. And makeup. And an iPod. Well, mostly. I'm definitely going shopping, but I will limit myself. Yes, I will. I so will. I promise. Mostly.
This wouldn't be a problem if things had gone according to my 13-year-old plans. I'd be a millionaire author living in Paris. I'd smoke cigarettes out of those long holders while reclining on chaise lounges with one mirabou tufted slipper hanging langorously from my perfectly manicured toes.
I really should be independently wealthy by now. Something has gone terribly wrong. It's hell to have an active imagination and be the laziest person in the world.

6 Comments:
Hell, I'd just be damn happy if I got paid for half of the work I do. Lazy is a foreign language to me but flat broke isn't. The husband thinks he gives me back in trade. I think no one's that good. ;o)
i don't care what anyone says..i'd be right there with you on the spending..and trick your mind??..HA. Your mind KNOWS there is money there..sigh. I had the paid once a month thing as well. It sucked...big major monkey balls...
All I can say...get an overdraft protection my friend...lol
You could still hit the lottery :)
Here from Michele
I'm even worse on the budgeting thing, I suspect. I do really well financially, and by the end of the month I'm always scrambling to cover last minute bills.
I know they are due, but I am totally undisciplined.
Yeah, I'm waiting too. My only chance is the lottery, and I don't even buy tickets.
ha ha! welcome to my world. we are captain and first mate on that ship, honey. it is SUCH a big adjustment to go from 2 paychecks to one. i feel your pain, trust me.
i also cannot interpret numbers or budget. at all. lord help us if we are ever hired to be financial advisors!
i am a total clinique addict. i alone keep the company in business. and i'm out of like 5 things and i think i might die. you see, their products are so great you become addicted and now nothing in the grocery stores seems as good. i have been forced to buy them anyway, and...they suck. and i resent seeing them in my bathroom. i glare at them. and it's not even their fault.
for the first time in my life, i get what all those golddiggers are about. if i had a rich boyfriend, he could just buy it all for me. alas, i just have one of those not-so-rich boyfriends who is really sweet and understanding and supportive. *sigh* it's tough, i tell ya.
but i'm so broke, i live in fear of the mall. it's been so long since i went shopping, i'm afraid i'd just FREAK OUT and say "fuggit! i'm shoppin'!" and then blow like a grand.
Post a Comment
<< Home