Wednesday, May 17, 2006

That little bastard.

He just called me at work, and when I heard the familiar "Every Breath You Take" ring (yes, it's our song; and yes, I know it's about stalking -- we're weird), I got all "awwwww" and fluttery, as I continue to do after 9 years. So, I answer, all happy. Me: Hello!? {brightly} Him: Hey, babe. Me: Hey. Him: What are you doing? Me: Just working. What are you doing? {This is the beginning of every phone conversation we've ever had.} Him: {talking to someone else in the background} Me: Helloooo? Him: Sorry. Um... I'm working, too. Me: Yeah? Him: Yeah. Me: {waiting for him to say he's calling because he loves me and misses me and just wanted to hear my dulcet voice.} Him: Can you bring me a check after you get off work so I can give The Boss some money? {We bought an air filter from his boss} Me: I don't have any money! {New job -- don't get paid for a while} Him: *sigh* My checkbook, honey. Me: Um... Him: If you can't, it's no problem {sounding like it is, in fact, a problem}; I just thought you could bring me one on your way over to F's tonight. Me: Um...Well... Him: I gotta go. Either you can or you can't. If you can't, I can run home and get one. {huffy} Me: Is this why you're calling me? Him: Yes. Me: ...... Him: Well, and to tell you I love you and you're wonderful. Me: Right. I'll bring it by this evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

lol!! I love how you reminded him why he REALLLY called! Here from Michele's today.

5/18/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

ha! too funny. I like how you manipulated him into getting what you want, hee hee!

5/18/2006 2:05 PM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

that is cute how you guys have a little phone routine.

my man and i are the same way. except i haven't figured out how to get him to say sweet stuff like that.

what's your secret? the closest he ever gets to saying sweet nothings to me is "get naked."

*sigh*

5/23/2006 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home