Responsible Gypsy
Tonight is my last night babysitting my cousins and being the responsible adult. Hallefuckingluia. It's been fine. Better than I expected, really, but I'm so ready to go home! I miss L, I miss my puppy dogs, I miss my wreck of a house. I MISS MY BED! Come to think of it, I miss L in my bed.
I'm going to spend a good chunk of the day on Saturday getting caught up on my DVR programs. Because of this nonsense I've missed the season finales of House and Lost, and I missed The Sopranos and Big Love this week, too.
One thing about staying with two teenagers for 10 days: It makes me miss high school something fierce. I remember all the things I was doing at their age: field parties, skipping school, hotboxing cars, sneaking out, lying to my parents, stealing cigarettes, getting shifty rednecks to buy beer, sex in backseats, funneling beer, playing quarters, and picking shrooms.
Sometimes adulthood and "freedom" seems like a real bait and switch.

3 Comments:
My kids...in order...are 22, 20 and 17...they at times drive me insane...but are a helluvalotta fun to be around for the most part.
I always tell my son not to be in such a hurry to grow up, it's highly over rated.
i too am a Big Love fan. but i dont' have HBO, so i have to first be at my boyfriend's house, then convince him to stop watching ESPN. it's a constant battle.
oh, i forgot about all that high school stuff! sneaking out was soooo much fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home