Howdy ma'am
Sometimes I just have to humor him.
This weekend L and I went shopping for some work shoes. He works in a kitchen all day and wears Crocs. They're great, but he goes through a new pair every 3 months or so. Sunday it was time to get a new pair.
He paid for the shoes, and as we were heading out the door he spotted a hat he liked. Not just any hat. This hat (in the lightest color). I think it was love at first sight. He tried it on, and it looked good, but he's usually more the baseball cap type. And this? I don't know. It's a smidge too "cowboy," don't you think? And trust me, L isn't at all cowboy-like. Well, I mean, he's gruff and he smokes Marlboro's and he hunts and fishes, but that's as far as it goes.
We left without the hat, but a half a mile down the road he says, "Stop! We have to go back and get that hat. I NEED IT."
Ok, fine. We get the hat.
Y'all, I can't tell you how happy this hat makes him. I don't understand it, but just wearing it makes him smile. Who am I to argue with that? Hell, he came home yesterday, shucked out of his clothes, and paraded around in just the hat.
Which of course means that we had sex with the hat on.
What can I say? The hat is growing on me. Giddy up.
We left without the hat, but a half a mile down the road he says, "Stop! We have to go back and get that hat. I NEED IT."
Ok, fine. We get the hat.
Y'all, I can't tell you how happy this hat makes him. I don't understand it, but just wearing it makes him smile. Who am I to argue with that? Hell, he came home yesterday, shucked out of his clothes, and paraded around in just the hat.
Which of course means that we had sex with the hat on.
What can I say? The hat is growing on me. Giddy up.

8 Comments:
Sue, the minute he put it on I said, "That's not a knife; this is a knife" in my best Aussie accent.
Hey, I kinda like that hat too. It reminds me of Stevie Ray Vaughan and he was no cowboy at least I don't think he was. Whatever the giddy-up is so worth it.
Yeah, Croc-odile Dundee. Hats....A guy in a cowboy hat is a weakness of mine. I can't explain it! It's what sealed the deal for my guy when I saw him.
That really DID make me laugh out loud.
Loved this blog! The 'about me' sounds a lot like we live in the same part of the country although I have moved north about 5 hours from my home. Loved the hat story!
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Smart purchase!
YESSS! that story is excellent.
great post.
yee-ha, cowgirl! round 'em up!
(i don't know what that means exactly, but it sounds kinky, right?)
Who is he?
Do we know each other?
Post a Comment
<< Home