Thursday, April 13, 2006

TV Addiction

I'm wearing a short-sleeved shirt to work today for the first time this Spring. Hello, chubby white arms. Good to see you again. Sorta. Holy crap, I need a tan. Because my life is terribly boring this week and I can't think of a single interesting thing to talk about (other than the fact that Josh Holloway is hot as a mo-fo, I don't care how lippy he is on Lost), I thought I'd resort to the old writing block standby of lists. Wooohoo for lists! Everyone likes lists, right? Right? Say you do. Say you like them because I'm going to give you one now. And it's a riveting list, I'll tell you that right now. Because everything I say is riveting. Watch. Porcine. Wasn't that fascinating? I know it was. Anyway, the list. Here is a list of the TV shows that are sucking my precious brain cells and the time I ought to be spending being a useful human being. Who wants to be useful and productive when there are these shows to watch!? I'll start with Campus Ladies. This is one hilarious damn show. You wouldn't expect good programming to come out of "Women's Television," would you? Well, you'd be wrong. These ladies are seriously funny. I'm also a little bit in love with Drew (Derek Carter). The accent will get me every time, especially if you include endearing awkwardness. Moving right along to House, M.D. I have always had a thing for Hugh Laurie. Such dreamy eyes and caustic wit. The whole medical dramady based on Sherlock Holmes? Come on. Sure to entertain me. If you get a chance, pick up The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie. Suburban Shootout is another Oh! winner for me. It's completely over the top and in terrible taste, and I love it. Suburban housewives with assault rifles and illegal French estrogen patches? Delicious. Bones is my replacement for Buffy and Angel. I was so happy to hear that David Boreanaz was going to be back on TV. It's kind of X-Files-ish with a little of the Scoobies (grown up) from Buffy thrown in, without all the metaphysical, supernatural stuff (alas). Teachers on BBCA is great. I love it. It's not on very often, though, so it's hard to catch. Simon is delightfully self-involved and paranoid. Also, Andrew Lincoln? HOT! In a very approachable and earnest way. I'm not sure if the new Teachers in America is based on this or not. If so, it will likely be entirely fucked up, in the grand American tradition. Following in my fascination with and adoration of all things BBC, I've been watching Mile High. So much sex and bad behavior crammed into jaunty flights between European cities. What's not to love? Veronica Mars has only recently come into my life because we actually don't get the new series on TV. I've been watching on DVD, though, and it's fabulous. Can I be Veronica? Please? Finally, we have Farscape. Yes, I know this is an old one and not even in production anymore, but I don't care (although I do hear that there will be new episodes now). I frelling love it. I resisted watching it at first, but L insisted, and now I'm hooked. And there we have it. Proof that I watch waaaaay too much TV. Seriously? I could go on with the TV shows. I didn't even talk about Monk or Lost or Extreme Makeover: Home Edition or The Sopranos of Big Love (LOVE Big Love) or Rome or Carnivale (damn you HBO for canceling this!). I should really get a life. Ya think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Paste said...

Well I've heard of the Sopranos and that's about it!

4/13/2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

Campus Ladies is awesome. And oxegyn is nothing like the horror of lifetime, which I have blocked out. Like I wanna watch another tv movie about some broad who is terrorized by her husband. Sheesh.

I have seen a few episodes of house and liked them. I don't know when they come on. Same with Bones, I keep missing it. I love David! And I have caught a few episodes of veronica as well.

We are currently watching season 1 of lost on dvd. I like Sawyer is hot also! I love is attitude and I think everyone who is mean to him are holier than thou. but that is what people are really like, which is why i like it!

Farscape is awesome. The miniseries has aired once and it was great. It picks up exactly where the last episode ended and finishes the show nicely. I love that series and the two main characters can now be seen on stargate sg1 (which is in rerun season right now).

TV is addictive! I love gilmore girls- can't miss an episode, not even a rerun.

4/13/2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Buttercup said...

Sawyer! I hear that.

4/14/2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger archshrk said...

Hello, Michele sent me.
So I'll go with you on Veronica Mars but the others I don't watch or haven't heard of (did watch Farscape in the beginning) Speaking of Farscape, you may also like Firefly - also not on the air but available on DVD. Less about space but more about great story telling.

4/14/2006 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home