Take this job and shove it
This is my last week working at Conservativeland. I'm so over it. I can't manage to summon up any enthusiasm to work. Type a letter? No. File this stuff away? No. Archive materials? No. Edit this research report? No. Make copies? Go fuck yourself.
The next person they hire for this position better be lacking any drive or ambition whatsoever. And they should be energized by monotonous work and simply live to make coffee for other people. Yeah, good luck guys.
Ok. So it's not that bad. It's a bad fit for me, but someone else might love it. Maybe. If the higher ups ever decided to be completely honest about what the position entails. When I got the job, I was under the impression it would be a lot of editing and writing and very little admin work. Shyeah. I was so duped. They want someone with experience, drive, and bankable skills, but they want to pay diddly. Bump the salary up a bit and they just might be able to hang onto someone worthwhile.
Friday cannot come soon enough. I start my new job on Monday. I admit I have high expectations, but I hope I won't be disappointed. I know it won't always be a cakewalk. Perhaps it won't even be a good fit for me. But the money sure will come in handy, and at least I'll begin to feel like I'm living up to my experience and education. I won't be ashamed of my job. I won't cringe when someone asks me what I do.
4.5 days, and counting!

1 Comments:
I'm so EXCITED for you!!!!! (Ok, I think a little bit of living vicariously is going on). Today, I was walking down the hall of my law firm and I had a NEW THOUGHT. For the first time I contemplated quitting without having a job lined up. The thought was glorious.
Congrats on your new job and leaving this one. Yippee!!
Post a Comment
<< Home