Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Oh no you DIDN'T!

I just got this email from one of the directors here at Conservativeland. It was sent to me and to the Head Honcho's assistant.
HAPPY EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT'S DAY! We could not get along without your amazing support, for which we are grateful every day. Gypsy, although you are leaving, please go with the full knowledge that you have made a difference in our world of work. Thanks to both of you! Warmly, Pink Lady
FUCK YOU! I am NOT an assistant. Seriously. I feel like standing on my desk, both middle fingers raised in salute, and screaming, "I AM NOT AN ASSISTANT!" Fuck you all very much! Why does this bother me so much? Am I being a stuck up, elitist, superior twat or what? Probably. But I don't care. I did not work as hard as I have, I did not slave through 7 years of college, to be an assistant. {I've probably offended assistants everywhere by the above. I'm truly sorry. The job is valid and worthwhile, it's just not me. And my current position is not "assitant." I'm a coordinator, thank you very much. As if it matters. Why do I care?!} The lady who sent this is lovely. She's kind and funny and sweet and she wears pink all the time, and I just love her. But come on! Me = not an assistant. Gaaaaaaaaaah! I've died a little inside.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yo Tambien Te Mando Besos said...

Hi G!

That just sucks! Don't worry... us admin ass don't feel insulted. We would also looooveeee to stop being assistants... good you've got a new job!

4/27/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I am saluting you from Michele's blog this morning. Happy Site of the Day to you.

There is no 'assistant' in this honor. It's just for YOU.

4/27/2006 3:44 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

here via michele's today -- unfortunately, unless you own the place, most bosses consider you their assistant's :(

4/28/2006 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home