The line
I often wonder what the limit is in blogging. Where is the line drawn between too much information and not enough.
I've never been great at holding back. I'm one of those people who, unfortunately, tend to say things they might regret. I have a dirty mind, I admit it, and oftentimes I question the appropriateness of the thoughts, experiences, or even links I post.
But then I tell myself that this is my outlet, it's mine. Mine. That means I should be genuinely myself, without fear of repisal. Ok, maybe with fear but doing it anyway.
As brash and outspoken as I may seem, I've always had that fear, that shame of what if people find out? What if they know who I really am and don't like it? This has been my biggest obstacle in writing.
This is why after reading blogs for years and wanting to start one myself to kickstart some creativity and, perhaps, some self-actualization (boy, do I sound hokey), I have begun in earnest.
Am I afraid? Yes. Afraid people won't read, people won't care, people will think I'm ridiculous or, worse, forgettable. I'm also afraid people will read, and I'll be held accountable for the things I say and the things I do. I'm afraid of getting personal.
But more than the fear is the delight I have in keeping up with this, being dedicated to recording these things, whether it's insights like this or penis unicorn t-shirts.
Because I suppose I'm both of these things, insightful and someone who enjoys penis unicorns.

2 Comments:
i have your blog bookmarked and read it occasionally! i can relate to some of the stuff you talk about so keep blogging!
I find your blogging refreshing, keep on doing it just the way you are. Some of it is familiar (like the husband conversations). Dirty mind? You mean people don't have dirty minds? I try to be cryptic about it. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not so much.
Post a Comment
<< Home