It's a birthday miracle!
Last night I strolled around Marshall's looking for a little birthday treat for myself. I saw this gorgeous bag that I loved, but I decided that we really needed sheets and a new shower curtain more than I needed a new bag. So I got those instead.
Ok, what the hell? Does 31 mean I'm instantly practical or something? Sheets and a shower curtain instead of a cute bag?! Ridiculous.
Anyway, I looked it up today on eBay thinking maybe I could find a better deal. Um. No. No better deal exists, anywhere, ever. I had no idea it was that nice a bag. The kind a lady who lunches might drape over her shoulder with delightful insouciance.
So, I went back today and got it. I'm a total imposter, and it feels great! Tres grown up, in fact. I suspect I will have aquired a soupcon of elegance through osmosis with the bag alone. Why is it that I'm suddenly using French words? See!? Elegance! Already!

4 Comments:
Happy Birthday, G! Have a wonderful, wonderful day. And I am so glad you went back and bought the bag. Life is so short that sometimes you HAVE to just enjoy it.
PS I love bags for some odd reason. Better than shoes. I could go barefoot as long as I carry a cute bag!!! Weird, I know.
Ooops...I don't have a blogger acct. Can someone go say hi to G for me? :-)
Posted by: Catheroo | April 19, 2006 at 10:16 AM
Catheroo visited you via Michele's blog (http://www.catheroo.com/)
Happy birthday!!!
hey! new here. happy birthday!!!
your use of french makes my brain hurt. i never could grasp French very well. also, i'm blonde, so that could be contributing to the problem...
anyway, just wanted to say hi and tell you thanks for commenting on mine. i added you to my list. :)
If it was there when you went back then it was meant to be. (Or at least that's how I justify the bag, the shoes, the earrings, the bracelet....)
I love Marshall's! I like Ross too, just not a junky Ross store.
Oh, and regarding your comment...I like Big Lots. You never know what you will find in that place. They have some cheesy tacky stuff but with a sharp eye, you can get some gooood stuff...and bread too! Thanks for visiting me back..lol!
Post a Comment
<< Home