Halleluia!
I got a new job!!
I have been looking for an editorial position since we moved home. Sadly, they are few and far between here in podunk. I had settled for something considerably beneath my education and experience because, well, a job is a job. And with nothing else on offer, I had to take what I could get. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't what I wanted to be doing. So, I've been browsing the want ads each day, on the off chance that editorial positions became available.
And lo' and behold, just when I had decided that I was going to be stuck permanently in a job that doesn't challenge me in the least and in fact makes me feel pretty darn crappy about myself, I got the call and was offered an editor position.
Whoooopie!!!
I'm not sure when I start. I'll find out more next week, at which time I'll have to give my notice to my current employer. This prospect makes me break out in a cold sweat because I hate this kind of confrontation, not to mention my whole people-pleaser problem. But they can't compete with a job in my preferred field and the substantial salary increase and the better benefits package, so naneenaneebooboo.
I can't express how happy I am to be an editor again. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is to me. It's what I went to grad school for, and it's what I've been happiest doing with my life thus far. For some strange reason it makes me proud.
So, yay me!

2 Comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog a few days ago. congrats on the new job!!!
That is such amazing news. To find work in your field is a total blessing.
And to think, I'm a writer.
Post a Comment
<< Home