A conversation at my house tonight
Our refrigerator is on the fritz. The maintenance guy is supposed to come tomorrow morning. This means that I'm going to work, but I'll have to run home when the maintenance guy arrives. I thought I'd ask L if he had any late starts this week in case he could meet the maintenance guy.
Me: Hey, babe? What's your schedule this week.
L {in bed, trying to sleep -- this might not have been the best time to approach him on the subject}: I have to work all week.
Me: I know, but what's your schedule.
L: I'm off Saturday and Sunday.
Me: Right. But what I'm asking is, do you have any mornings where you go in late.
L: {big sigh} I think I have two earlys and two lates.
Me: Ok, because the repair guy is supposed to come tomorrow...
L: I can't meet him.
Me: No, I know. But can I finish?? He's supposed to come tomorrow, so I'll come home to meet him when he calls. But I thought if that didn't work out maybe you'd be home some morning this week...
L: No. I'm not going to be home.
Me: But you just said...
L: No. Not home.
Me: {cracking up} Uh-huh. So this pretty much means you're not going to be home to meet repairmen, like, ever?
L: That's what it's looking like. I'll get back to you in a few months, but it's not looking good right now.

3 Comments:
hahahaahaha Great conversation. I love it. I'd have had a smart a$$ response to him.
Hello via michele's M&G.
I stopped in to say thanks for dropping by this morning and to my surprise I read a conversation so similar to the ones in my house I thought I was wrote something I didn't recall writing. Men!
maybe you should have asked "which morning can you meet the maintenance man?" (thinking positive and being firm)... you were being polite and nice, trying not to ask directly for his help!
i am from the north and up here we are a little more rude to our men(not necessarily a good thing! )
Post a Comment
<< Home