You look maaaaahhvelous
I got my hair cut yesterday, thank the lord above. Unfortunately, I kinda tend to leave haircuts until I just can't stand myself anymore. Yesterday I went to a girl who a good friend suggested, and I think she did a great job. My hair is all flippy and has body and shape. So, if you disregard the horrible gray hair, I'm good.
But for some reason I hate going to the salon these days. I just feel like such a frump! Stylists are typically (I know I'm generalizing here -- I've seen some schlumpy stylists in my day) well-groomed and look cute. I mean, it's their job. They deal with appearances. It drives me nuts with envy because most times I feel like the least put together person in the world.
This is surprising what with the amount of money I spend on grooming products, clothes, and accessories. I think maybe I just like to buy these things so that I have them, not so that I use them. Using them is beyond me. I have tons of jewelry, but do I accessorize? No. I have drawers full of makeup, but do I ever do anything other than my standard "face"? No. I have a zillion pairs of shoes, but I usually stick to 3 different pairs.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home