Thursday, March 30, 2006

Warning: Ignorance-induced foul language to follow

I was getting my morning update from Feministing.com this morning when I came across a link to this (Missouri Representative Cynthia Davis' ignorant vitriol). Yeah, that set me right the fuck off. Now, I don't know Rep. Davis from a whole in the ground. She's in Missouri. It's somewhere in the middle. But this? Pure, grade-A horseshit. First, it's painful for me to read the letter based on grammar and usage alone. My eyes!! "Natural consequences is usually the best teacher." ??? Holy lord, that's awful. Second, what the hell!?
if the state starts paying for contraceptives we will have more babies than if we just teach people to not expect free prostitution from poor people.
Say what now? Contraceptive use will result in more babies? Wha..? That makes approximately no sense at all. And teaching people to not expect free prostitution from poor people? She has completely lost me on that one. I can't even... Huh?
Don't you think having to pay child support for the next 18 years is a suitable disincentive?
Ummm... No? Because, hi!, wake up! Child support does not equal keeping it in your pants.
Susan Phillips said it best when she said that sexual behavior needs to be between a husband and a wife, not between women and the state.
Well, I agree with her on one point. The state has no business in my sex life. But the rest? Shame on us lustful, slutty single women, giving it up for free. And what's this "poor" malarky? Is she casting aspersions on the sexual lives of poor people? Gaaaaaaaaah!! People like this are in positions of power. I. Am. HORRIFIED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home