Southern fried
Last Friday, L and I went to eat at this really southern buffet. Great food: think okra, mashed potatoes, crawfish, greens, fried everything, and banana pudding. Anyway, an old man and his wife were sitting at the table next to us. The restaurant has TVs and is usuallly broadcasting Fox News when we're there (gag). Anyway, the news was covering all the port sale stuff, and the old man turns to us and says, "Think we'll ever get rid of that idiot Bush?"
I just thought it was hilarious because I would assume that most old men in this area love Bush. Not this guy. His wife was like, "And he voted for him!" The old man goes, "Well, I won't anymore."
As an aside, I realized that L is going to be just like this old man -- talking to strangers about politics. I have so much to look forward to.
And speaking of our fearful leader, I was listening to his speech in India on the way in to work this morning. When he does these speeches, he reminds me of my freshman class president, which is pretty damn sad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home