Some sleeze with my wine
A few weeks ago, as I was watching my Saturday dose of girly TV (Daddy's Spoiled Little Girl, on We -- oh, how I love to hate these girls), I saw previews for The Secret Lives of Women. Intrigued, I set my DVR to record them all. Boy, am I glad I did. These are riveting.
I was especially fascinated with the episode on women in porn. I have long been a fan of porn. I guess that makes me a "Fuck Me Feminist." I'm a visual person, and I'm definitely a voyeur. I like to watch. Now, there is definitely such a thing as bad porn. Rocco Sifredi and his pound-you-in-the-ass-porn comes to mind. But films like Space Nuts? I'm all for it. More please?
Anyway, The Secret Lives of Women: Women in Porn was really fantastic. It showed a glimpse inside the industry that most people won't get. Sure, the mainstreaming of porn gives us Jenna Jameson on the E! True Hollywood story (Loved her book, by the way. Much better than Traci Lords'), but this kind of personal, in their homes access is unusual.
One of the women profiled was Savannah Samson. I was really moved by the filming done at her house, with her family. And seeing her go to her high school reunion with her head held high made me both uncomfortable and proud.
Today I read that her wine, which she discusses in The Secret Lives of Women, has been received very favorably (and here). I think that's fantastic. Some day soon I plan to grab a bottle of her wine and a copy of one of her videos and pay her a little homage.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home