Monday, March 20, 2006

Gag me with a spoon

What the hell is going on with fashion these days? I understand that old is new again, and I'm all for the retro revival. (The fact that retro now means "my childhood" pisses me off quite a bit and makes me feel old, but that's beside the point. Just as it's beside the point that they now use The Cure in commercials now. Blashphemers!!! *ahem*) But people have just gone too far. You're supposed to pick the good things about the past, not the horrible, appalling ones. It started with gauchos. Horror!!!!!!! And if that weren't bad enough, now we have these making a come back? Huaraches? Why!? For the love of all that's holy, why!?!? I wore these when I was in like 6th grade. They were terrible then, and they're terrible now. The fact that they are back is dreadful, but the fact that they are also back in metallics? Oy. They would match my lovely silver purse I used to carry around. The one that quickly peeled off all its shiny goodness, leaving behind a bedragled and tarnished plastic bag. These bastard shoes are not only atrocious, they hurt, too. I remember my poor pinkie toe sticking out the side through that stiff leather. And the grooves on the top of my foot? Ouch! And so not pretty. Nothing like alternating red, sweaty stripes and dusty, dirty stripes to make your foot look oh-so-appealing. People, it's a foot! It needs all the help it can get in the pretty-making department.

2 Comments:

Blogger haus maus said...

Huaraches...? I nearly sprewed the orange juice in my mouth onto my screen when I clicked your link to the Neiman website. I can't get over that they are from Kors, too. Even in the 1980s I hated them.

INVENT SOMETHING NEW ALREADY!!! :)

xo,
holly

3/21/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Ruby said...

I'm in trouble. I loved my hurraches back in 5th grade. They were so comfy. I qould love another pair. But then again, I know my taste in shoes makes G gag.

3/27/2006 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home