Thursday, February 16, 2006

Some snarky remarks and reminiscing

I've been asked to update, so here I am, updating. And yet I have so little to say. I did promise myself to keep this thing up, so here I go. ... I just sat here for a good minute trying to think of something. I've failed miserably. Hmmm. Let's check the "news." Oh, I see that Madonna is recovering from a hernia. Madonna. Hernia. What the fuck? Like-A-Virgin is now Like-A-Geriatric? *sigh* And Mary-Kate and Ashley are modeling for Badgley Mischka. When did the zombie child look become the it thing? Seriously. They look like something out of Anne Rice, pre-Religious conversion. And now for something completely different. 10 Hot Spots for Spring Break. Even though I live in Florida, it actually does get cold up here in the Panhandle, and right now I'm craving some beach time. (I know, Megan. I know. I shouldn't talk about cold.) So, I don't know about kids today, but I damn sure couldn't afford Nassau for Spring Break when I was in school. It was either Panama City Beach (or "PC") or good ole St. George Island. Ahhh. A full week of sand, sea, and tequila shots. My last real Spring Break was 9 years ago. Most of it is a blur, but what a fine blur it is. I remember the Dick Towel War, oysters, 4:20, the Beastie Boys, Luscious Jackson, and the fact that the worst thing that happened that week (aside from not hooking up -- oh, horror!!!!) was my pina colada melting. *sigh* And now I have to get back to work, from which there is no Spring Break. Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home