Thursday, February 23, 2006

Read all about it

Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm really looking forward to it. Not because I have big social plans. No. I never have those. I'm not going out or anything, and we're not having date night. It's not even because it's the end of the work week, but lord knows I am glad for that. No, I'm mostly glad tomorrow is Friday because I have subscribed to the local paper and delivery should start tomorrow. How's that for Loserdom? Yep. I win. Seriously though, I have felt disconnected to Tallahassee since we moved back. I know there's probably lots of stuff going on (Ok, maybe not lots, but you know, things. Surely there are things to do and places to go. Please lord.). L and I don't do doodly squat these days. We work, we come home, we watch tv, we read, we fool around, and that's about it. I think we need to broaden our horizons and get the hell out of the house once in a while. Right. Back to the whole newspaper thing. Our local paper has all the event stuff in the Friday paper, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening. I'm going to be getting the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday papers because I can't be bothered during the week. I get all my news online at work on weekdays. And the Sunday paper will have that greatest of my guilty pleasures, the wedding announcements! Oh, how I love the Celebrations section. Of course I love to hate it, too, because DAMN YOU people who are getting married before me, especially if you're 25 and stinking rich. I hate you. DIE! Ahem. Aside from my love-hate relationship with the wedding section, I will also be able to indulge my gluttony for real estate listings. Let the drooling begin. Can I afford new shoes? Sadly, no. Yet I remain ever-hopeful for my eventual property ownership. Again proving my dominion over Loserdom. Bow down before your queen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home